Cheese to food lovers is like icing to cakes — they just belong together. If you’re a foodie yourself, you’ve likely heard of Marissa Mullen before. The Brooklyn-based content creator and food stylist is taking the world by storm, one cheese plate at a time. And now, she’s made the ultimate charcuterie board anyone can try at home.
The Cheese Plate to End All Cheese Plates
Mullen’s debut book, That Cheese Plate Will Change Your Life, was an absolute hit with hosts and cheese lovers around the world who now know how to make showstopping grazing boards that leave their guests insanely impressed (and hungry!). To help you, too, Mullen has shared her insights on how to assemble the perfect charcuterie board at home and wow everyone, including yourself.
How to Make This Cheese Board
Mullen’s cheese board includes 10 of her best tips that anyone, chef or not, can apply and experiment with.
Cheese Plate Ingredients
Start by prepping the following ingredients:
- Cheeses — Brie, soft-ripened goat cheese, dill Havarti, truffle pecorino
- Meats — Genoa salami, salami piccante
- Produce — dried figs, dried cranberries, raspberries, Castelvetrano olives, green grapes
- Crunch — candied nuts, shortbread cookies, Marcona almonds, flatbread crackers, fruit-and-nut crackers
- Garnish — fresh rosemary
- Dips — honeycomb
Mullen’s Tips for Cheese Board Domination
- Use a solid foundation for your cheese plate. Pick boards or plates that have a small lip around the edge, so things don’t fall off in transit.
- The placement sequence is key. Marissa suggests these steps: 1) cheese, 2) meat, 3) produce, 4) crunch/crackers, 5) dips, and 6) garnish.
- Aim for a variety of milks (sheep, goat, cow), and pick three to five cheeses. Make sure there is a variety in textures, too (soft, hard, bloomy). Before servings, keep the cheeses out of the fridge for about 45 minutes to fully enjoy their flavor and texture.
- Use a cookie cutter for semisoft cheeses to create fun and whimsical shapes.
- To make Mullen’s mouthwatering Brie brûlée, grab a round Brie and cut off its top. Then, coat it with sugar and torch it till brown. Alternatively, you can put it in the oven over high for a few minutes.
- To create a classic and totally Instagrammable “salami river” to spice up your grazing board, fold the salami slices in half twice and tuck the bottom ends into the top opening of the next slice.
- Always add a dip. Always. (e.g., pair the intensity of blue cheese with the sweetness of honeycomb)
- Add a few crackers on the board to get people started, but don’t forget to serve a separate cracker plate for easy refilling.
- Any cheese board needs a good and fresh garnish. Think fresh herbs like thyme and rosemary.
- To get that mic drop moment, buy a set of linens or a bouquet of flowers that match the colors on your cheese plate so the entire tablescape ties together perfectly.
Yes, making the perfect cheese board is that easy. Go wild!
Travis Scott and Kylie Jenner Attend a Red Carpet Event Together
Makeup mogul, Kylie Jenner, and rapper, Travis Scott, were spotted attending a red carpet event together, along with their 3-year-old daughter, Stormi Webster. The three attended the 72nd Parsons Benefit in New York City at Pier 17 where Travis Scott was honored. In his speech, he made sure not to leave out how much he loves his wifey as well as their daughter.
Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott are Back Together
It’s safe to say that Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott are officially back together after spending a year apart. During Scott’s speech at the red carpet event, he mentioned that he loves Kylie and their baby girl, Stormi. The trio also posed outside for the cameras.
Kylie, who’s 23 years old, wore a vintage 1987 Jean Paul Gaultier dress in an olive color with matching mesh gloves and clear Andrea Wazen shoes. Her accessories were by Lorraine Schwartz, and they included earrings and rings. Scott, who’s 30 years old, wore a black double-breasted Bottega suit with Tom Ford shoes and even had a necklace by Lorraine Schwartz.
The famous couple didn’t let shine without their daughter. Stormi was dressed in a black Bottega dress that was custom made and designed by Mack & Alex, a Lorrain Schwartz bracelet, and she even had her dad’s Cactus Jack Fragment Jordan 1 sneakers on her feet.
A Future for Kylie and Travis
Kylie Jenner also took to her Instagram after the event to post a photo of their small family and captioned it with a message saying she was only in New York City for 24 hours. This photo was the first one of the couple on her account since last year.
Only a month ago, sources revealed that the couple was trying to make things work for them. Travis respects and worships Kylie, and he’s talked about how great of a boss and mom she is. Kylie, on the other hand, has spoken freely about how creative Travis is and how he’s so involved in Stormi’s life, which she admires.
Both Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott hope to give Stormi a sibling one day, but they aren’t putting pressure on themselves.